Ten social change-makers have been announced winners at the Third Sector Awards 2019 at Le Montage, Sydney on 24 September, an annual ceremony that celebrates the leadership and innovation within the purpose and impact-driven sector.

This year’s awards night was themed “Avantgarde” tribute to the sectors constantly evolving, innovative and experimental ideas. In partnership with Principal partner – Sparks Strategy, the night highlighted innovative and progressive leaders and organisations who stood out from the sector.

The Awards was also put together in partnership with the Centre for Social Impact with an unbiased and objective point of reference, and nominees were judged based on their social impact, outcomes measurement, social innovation, collaboration, leadership and systems thinking.

Third Sector would like to congratulate everyone for their stellar nominations. It’s been a very challenging process for the judges, with many outstanding applications. Ten esteemed judges scored hundreds of nominations across the 10 categories which counted towards 70% of the overall weigh-in and the remaining 30% were voted by the public with an impressive 10,000+ votes being received within two weeks.

And the winners are…

Emerging Leader of the Year – Presented by category sponsor CSNET
Kaz McGrath (Act for Peace & the Ration Challenge)

Campaign/Marketing Executive of the Year – Presented by Dr. Lyndsey McKee, Social Impact Industry Director, CSI 
Chris Frame (Braemar Presbyterian Care)

Emerging NFP Organisation of the Year – Presented by Dale Cleaver, Chief Executive Officer, Guide Dogs NSW & ACT
Harding Miller Education Foundation

Young Leader of the Year – Presented by category sponsor Woolworths
Riley Saban (PolySpine)

Volunteer of the Year – Presented by Neil Pharaoh, Executive Director, Spark Strategy
Peter Frazer (SARAH Group)

Social Entrepreneur of the Year – Presented by Andrea Alexander, Chief Executive OfficerChildren’s Leukaemia & Cancer Research Foundation

Weh Yeoh (OIC Cambodia, Happy Kids Clinic, Umbo)

Small Charity of the Year (10 people or less) – Presented by category sponsor Akolade
Bowel Cancer Australia

CEO of the Year – Presented by principal partner Spark Strategy
Lindsay Cane ( Royal Far West)

Board Director of the Year – Presented by Mimmie Whilhelmson, head of Third Sector
Robyn de Szoeke OAM (Dress For Success Sydney)

Influencer of the Year (Judge’s choice) – Presented by Scott Lockie, Chief Executive OfficerThe Australian Charity Guide

Yvonne Keane

Lindsay Cane AM, CEO of Royal Far West, was very humbled by winning CEO of the Year category. She thanked her organisation and Third Sector for recognising all the tireless work she has put into leading Royal Far West and to all partners, friends and supporters who voted.

Lindsay: “Being acknowledged by one’s peers and colleagues is the ultimate honour – my sincere thanks to everyone who generously supported my nomination and thank you to my dedicated team and our clients for enabling me to make a difference. Recognition of this award is recognition for Royal Far West, and it will help us to continue to grow our services for kids in rural and remote communities.”

The ceremony was held in conjunction with Third Sector Live annual conference for leaders and decision makers in the not-for-profit sector. This year’s conference focused on ‘cutting through the noise’ and standing out from the crowd in an oversaturated market.

The speaker lineup for the two-day event included Claire Rogers, CEO at World Vision, Katherine Raskob, CEO at FIA, Paul Ronalds, CEO at Save The Children, and Kylea Tink, CEO at Camp Quality.

Subscribe to Third Sector News to be the first to hear about Third Sector Awards 2020.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *